Klamath Falls Gospel Mission is now hiring:
Development Director Applications accepted until December 13
The Klamath Falls Gospel Mission (KFGM) is hiring a PART-TIME Development Director to be responsible for all fundraising efforts and will lead KFGM in donor appeals, events, and all donor engagement strategies. The position will also provide support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors regarding all fundraising management activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating different fundraising tasks including KFGM Annual Fundraiser Dinner Auction and other yearly fundraising events
- Coordinates fundraising strategies and is responsible for supporting major fundraising programs.
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with donors
- Development of fundraising goals and initiatives including to identify new donors and solicit funding,
- Distributing fundraising materials and donor correspondence contact by mail, email, phone, and social media.
- Writing grant proposals and creating different strategies for effective fundraising opportunities
- Contact businesses and organizations to explain the purpose of KFGM and how their contributions can help us and our community
- Develop program work-plans, budgets, reports, evaluations, and long-term strategies
- Work with the Bookkeeper and Executive Director to prepare reports for the Board of Directors
- Support the Board of Directors in maintaining an active fundraising committee
- Strong writing and oral skills. strong interpersonal abilities to communicate with different professionals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software such as spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint presentations, and related software
- Working as a team player with other staff
- One year of experience with fundraising and grant writing, reporting, and administration
- Experience with community organizations and knowledge of local and state foundations and funding sources
- Experience developing/directing programs or projects, strategies, and coordinating across multiple stakeholders (donors, granting organizations, community partners)
- Experience producing financial reports and developing fundraising projections
- Confident representing the organization at public events and in the community
- Attention to detail to maintain accurate and organized fundraising records
- Experience in supervising/working with volunteers and/or community clientele
- Demonstrated history as a fast learner with the skills to build a new fundraising program for KFGM
- Must be committed to KFGM Statement of Ministry and Statement of Faith (see below)
- 2 years of related experience
Position: Development Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week
Wage: $15.50 - $19.50/hr depending on experience
Valid drivers license required
Submit APPLICATION and resume online to email@example.com or mail to Klamath Falls Gospel Mission, Development Director Application, 1931 Mission Ave. Klamath Falls, OR 97601
STATEMENT OF MINISTRY
The Klamath Falls Gospel Mission is a Christian, nondenominational, non-profit ministry to men, women and children who are poor, homeless, disadvantaged, and often under bondage to sin, habits and addictions. The ministry is to the entire person by seeking to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the people who come to us. We serve the needs by providing food, clothing, shelter, education, life skills training to Christian care. The Klamath Falls Gospel Mission serves the church and the community.
"He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17
An employee of the Klamath Falls Gospel Mission must:
- Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ as expressed by personal testimony and Christian conduct of Biblical standards of personal morality and lifestyle.
- Be a regular attendee of a bible based church.
- Have a genuine concern for the ministry of the Gospel Mission.
- Agree with the Statement of Faith of the Gospel Mission
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, and the authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, In His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, In His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial gender, and class differences